Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
This job description is a guide to the work this position will undertake and it may be changed from time to time to incorporate business changes. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
Scope and Objective:
This role provides an exciting opportunity as a client facing consultant who would like the opportunity to join a dynamic delivery team.
You will have sound Business Analysis skills, gained working within the insurance industry, an understanding of Policy Administration systems, the policy lifecycle and the claims lifecycle for Personal and Commercial lines of business. In addition to this, prior people management experience is desirable.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- With minimal supervision, work with colleagues and end users to seek more effective business solutions and arrange their implementation through improvements in organisational arrangements, processes, systems, procedures and equipment.
- Assist in the review of any underlying problems affecting the efficient production of services and contribute to identification of available options for consideration, together with a recommended course of action.
- Define the business requirements to allow the development team to configure and customise applications to meet business goals.
- Assist end users or testers with the construction and execution of acceptance tests for the system on behalf of users in a thorough and reliable manner.
- Use the required standards, methods and tools in carrying out these tasks. Document all work to the standard and quality required.
- Arrange, prepare and conduct user meetings and workshops.
- Ability to mentor and train both client employees and colleagues.
- Make suggestions for improving Company Policies and Procedures.
Required and recommended Skills and Experience
You must have successfully worked on several projects and have previous experience of:
- Consistently fulfilling the accountabilities of the position
- Direct hands-on experience of Business Analysis activities including but not limited to requirements gathering from various sources and information analysis
- Delivering high quality written and presentational material
- Identifying/analysing problems and suggesting/facilitating problem resolution
- Completing BPR activities
- Defining use cases/user stories and object modelling
- Productivity tools, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Delivering presentations and running business workshops to all levels of the business
- Liaising with senior business representatives
- Working in an adaptable and flexible environment, managing change
In addition, the insurance business analysis role requires experience of:
- Agile project delivery methodology
- Team management and mentoring
- An understanding of Object Oriented concepts
- At least 2 years’ experience in a business analysis role within the insurance sector
- A minimum of 4 years business analysis experience.
You will need to have a good command of the English language and be able to communicate clearly with your colleagues and with the client. You may also be required to participate in client presentations and contribute to pre-sales and additional project delivery material. You will normally be working on client site as a member of a delivery team and should be comfortable with living away from home, Monday to Friday, for engagements which are not commutable. When not assigned to a client site, you will normally be based from home.« Back to News and Opinion