Want to join a lively, innovative team?
Our teams of technical and functional consultants work with our clients, implementing best of breed technologies and products. Our client base spans a variety of industries, including retail and investment banking, insurance, telecommunications, mobile, media and property, across the UK, Europe and the USA. Get a career with us today and have a look at the below opportunities.
*Insurance Practice Manager (posted 26/10/17)*
A strategic role working closely with our CEO and COO to lead our Insurance Practice, delivering strong commercial results through highly conscientious practice management, service delivery and team management.
The success of our Insurance Practice Manager will be measured by performance against practice revenue targets, achieving high utilisation rates and by effectively integrating into our business, leading by example.
At least 2 years as Practice Manager, Head of Professional Services or similar for an IT Services company.
Key Responsibilities & Skills
- Designing and promoting overall strategy for the Insurance Practice – industry trends, product direction, etc.
- A “hands on” management style, working closely with delivery teams and leading by example, to ensure that the best solutions are identified and delivered.
- Significant Project Management and software project delivery experience using Agile methodologies (SCRUM, DSDM, etc.).
- Unfaltering pursuit of customer satisfaction; ensuring customer budgets and timescales are clearly communicated across delivery teams and customer expectations regularly exceeded.
- Broad understanding of Insurance sector; GI essential and Specialty/London Market preferred.
- Pro-active commitment to innovative software development, both with client projects, as well as internal software projects.
- Identifying and collaborating with complimentary partners and technologies where relevant.
- Recruitment, training and management of cross-discipline, highly technical Software Architecture, Design, Delivery and Support teams.
- Managing the career paths of the multi-discipline development teams, including management of Review Process/Framework.
- Working directly with the Marketing team to identify new opportunities and producing compelling Marketing material and messaging, including Case Study material
- Maintaining personal brand across industry as a thought leader, able to represent Business Agility at industry events.
- Managing and making a significant contribution to the pre-sales effort for IT Services, including contribution to and delivery of RFI/RFP responses.
- Harvesting, definition and execution of best practice.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of delivering IT solutions within the Insurance industry.
- Programme management and the Agile delivery methodology.
- Opportunity identification and qualification.
- Sales Lifecycle experience – managing the full sales lifecycle from appointment to opportunity closure.
- Third Party Management – support and management of various partnerships.
- Presenting innovative IT concepts to prospects, writing proposals, actively contributing to RFI/RFP responses and negotiating and closing new opportunities.
- Creation of Proposal Templates.
The Insurance Practice Manager reports into our Chief Operating Officer.
Basic salary commensurate with experience. Annual Bonus. Pension. Life Assurance. Private Healthcare.
Flexible – employed from home, all travel paid.« Back to News and Opinion