Data Visualisation for SharePoint
Spotting patterns, predicting outcomes and managing expectations can be difficult when faced with large, unappealing data sets. Distilling big data into something that’s accurate AND easy to understand should be the objective of any reporting function.
We’re sure it’s a familiar scenario; the monthly board meeting demanding in-depth reports and forecasts and everyone running round gathering, checking and rechecking the figures. Major decisions are based on those presentations, however the problem is it’s becoming increasingly difficult to present data in a way that stands out from the mass of competing data streams.
A traditional, yet evolving way to get your message across is to use a visualisation to quickly draw attention to key messages, and by presenting data visually it’s also possible to uncover surprising patterns and observations that wouldn’t be apparent from looking at stats alone.
We can deliver outstanding SharePoint visualisation functionality without needing to rely on any third party software. This solution offers a simple toolset for building stunning data representations that draw on any and all data in or linked to SharePoint.
By intelligently displaying charts in response to data queries without the need for any configuration, our enhancement to SharePoint has highlights that include;
- Add reporting capabilities to any version of SharePoint regardless of licensing
- SharePoint data can be surfaced within or outside of SharePoint
- No installation on the SharePoint system or the need for expensive third party add-ons
- Explore large amounts of data in a single view
- Identify and act on emerging trends faster
- Absorb information in new and more constructive ways
We realise that this may simply be a ‘nice to have’ solution, however it is relatively easy to achieve and it requires no third party software. It’s just SharePoint and some code. This solution is for you if;
- You have large volumes of data, but getting reports generated takes too long
- There is a lack of insight into what has happened/is happening and this is disabling your ability to move forward
- Analysing real-time data would be an advantage!
- You want to rely on a ‘single version of the truth’
- You need or want to use the web browser as your source of information so that it is as accessible as the internet
- You want to take advantage of your SharePoint environment to manage your data connections, report objects, dashboards KPI’s etc
- You want to move from textual reports to graphical reporting
The empowerment and value to seeing and understanding your data is immeasurable. Contact us today to discuss your data needs and see how we can help you with accurate data visualisation.