Agile Project Manager – Poland
Agile Project Manager – Poland
Reporting to the Insurance Practice Lead/Engagement Manager, the Agile Project Manager will take responsibility for software delivery, support or maintenance projects, establishing, monitoring and controlling progress check points and/or service level agreements. Business Agility is a lively organisation that has built an enviable reputation for high quality work. We are passionate about the rewarding working environment we provide for our employees. If you would like the opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled team on a wide variety of leading edge enterprise projects for Blue Chip companies, then this is the job for you.
You will need an excellent command of the English language and be able to communicate clearly with your colleagues and with the client. You may also be required to participate in client presentations and contribute to pre-sales and project delivery material.
- Ensure that assigned resources (staff, equipment, and services, funds, time) are properly utilised and accounted for and up-to-date usage of information is maintained.
- Establish the scope of the project and take full responsibility for the clear briefing and direction of staff using Agile methodologies.
- Plan the work with a team or project group within an Agile framework using appropriate planning tools, producing plans to standards required.
- Ensure the Agile disciplines are correctly followed and educate members of the team and the client that do not have the relevant experience.
- Monitor progress, producing reports on progress against plan according to standards, acting within authority to maintain progress whilst recognising areas requiring decision making in respect of budget, schedules, resources, working methods, staff matters and or technical difficulties.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in team building and staff motivation and assist with the assessment, development and mentoring of staff.
- Communicate effectively, both formally and informally, orally and in writing, on technical and non-technical issues with all those with whom working interfaces and iteration arise, whether colleagues, users or customers at all levels of seniority.
You must have successfully completed the responsibilities defined above on previous projects and have the following:
- Detailed knowledge of Agile methodologies including Scrum, with at least 2 years of project experience of applying this knowledge
- Scrum Master certification preferable
- Experience of mentoring team members that have no previous agile experience
- Knowledge of how to introduce Agile methodologies into new environments
- Ability to enforce Scrum and other Agile principles and to explain the benefits to team members
- Technical understanding and ability to provide some level of support/understanding to the consulting team
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior level stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in an adaptable and flexible environment
- An enthusiastic team player
- Previous experience of working within the insurance industry
There will be opportunities to travel to the UK (and within Europe), whilst working predominantly from our Warsaw office and regularly from home. In return, we offer a highly competitive salary and package.< BACK TO JOBS