Careers | Georgina | 14 September 2022
Client site on assignment
Competitive package including holiday, life assurance, pension, private healthcare
Endava is a specialist software development and integration consultancy. Due to growing demand for our insurance product implementation expertise, we have a number of opportunities for Agile Project Managers at all levels to join a dynamic, client-facing delivery team.
This description is a guide to the work these positions will undertake and it may evolve with time to incorporate business changes.
We are looking for professionals with sound Project Management skills combined with strong experience of Agile project management methodologies. Suitable candidates will ideally have experience within the insurance industry. Prior people management experience would also be viewed favourably.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Reporting to the Engagement Manager, the Agile Project Managers will take responsibility for software delivery, support or maintenance projects, establishing, monitoring and controlling progress checkpoints and/or service level agreements.
- Ensure that assigned resources (staff, equipment, and services, funds, time) are properly utilised and accounted for and up-to-date usage of information is maintained.
- Establish the scope of the project and take full responsibility for the clear briefing and direction of staff using Agile methodologies.
- Plan the work with a team or project group within an Agile framework using appropriate planning tools, producing plans to standards required.
- Ensure the Agile disciplines are correctly followed and educate members of the team and the client that do not have the relevant experience.
- Monitor progress, producing reports on progress against plan according to standards, acting within authority to maintain progress whilst recognising areas requiring decision making in respect of budget, schedules, resources, working methods, staff matters and or technical difficulties.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in team building and staff motivation and assist with the assessment, development and mentoring of staff.
- Communicate effectively, both formally and informally, orally and in writing, on technical and non-technical issues with all those with whom working interfaces and iteration arise, whether colleagues, users or customers at all levels of seniority.
Agile Project Manager: Required Skills
You must have successfully completed the responsibilities defined above on previous projects and have the following:
- Detailed knowledge of Agile methodologies including Scrum, with project experience of applying this knowledge
- Scrum Master certification preferable
- Experience in mentoring team members that have no previous agile experience
- Knowledge of how to introduce Agile methodologies into new environments
- Ability to enforce Scrum and other Agile principles and to explain the benefits to team members
- Technical understanding and ability to provide some level of support/understanding to the consulting team
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior-level stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in an adaptable and flexible environment
- An enthusiastic team player
- Previous experience of working within the insurance industry is preferred
With over 20 years of rich experience, our fantastic teams have supported more than 100 insurers around the world in enhancing their digital capabilities, including Allianz, AXA, LV=, Lloyds, NFU Mutual, Towergate and Zurich. Our ethos is about getting it right first time.
- A collegiate and collaborative culture
- A flat structure, open-door policy and a success-orientated mindset
- Every team member plays a key role in our success and everyone is highly valued
- Ability to work both from home and on client site
- Cross-training opportunities
- Formal & informal mechanisms for development, recognition and reward
- Company funded social events at least twice per year (C-19 permitting!)
- Competitive basic salary
- 10% discretionary annual bonus
- Private medical insurance (single, couple or family cover available)
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension
- Holiday pay – 25 days (rising with service)
- Company sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech purchase scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Eye tests
When it is safe to do so, you will likely be working on client site as a member of the delivery team and should be comfortable living away from home Monday to Thursday, for engagements that are not commutable. When not on client site, you will normally be based from home.