Agile Project Manager
Client site on assignment
Competitive package including holiday, life assurance, pension, private healthcare
Business Agility is a specialist software development and integration consultancy. Due to growing demand for our Guidewire implementation expertise, we have an exciting opportunity for an Agile Project Manager to join a dynamic, client facing delivery team. This description is a guide to the work this position will undertake and it may evolve with time to incorporate business changes.
We are looking for a professional with sound Project Management skills combined with strong experience of Agile project management methodologies. Suitable candidates will ideally have experience within the insurance industry. Prior people management experience would also be viewed favourably.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Reporting to the Engagement Manager, the Agile Project Manager will take responsibility for software delivery, support or maintenance projects, establishing, monitoring and controlling progress check points and/or service level agreements.
- Ensure that assigned resources (staff, equipment, and services, funds, time) are properly utilised and accounted for and up-to-date usage of information is maintained.
- Establish the scope of the project and take full responsibility for the clear briefing and direction of staff using Agile methodologies.
- Plan the work with a team or project group within an Agile framework using appropriate planning tools, producing plans to standards required.
- Ensure the Agile disciplines are correctly followed and educate members of the team and the client that do not have the relevant experience.
- Monitor progress, producing reports on progress against plan according to standards, acting within authority to maintain progress whilst recognising areas requiring decision making in respect of budget, schedules, resources, working methods, staff matters and or technical difficulties.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in team building and staff motivation and assist with the assessment, development and mentoring of staff.
- Communicate effectively, both formally and informally, orally and in writing, on technical and non-technical issues with all those with whom working interfaces and iteration arise, whether colleagues, users or customers at all levels of seniority.
Agile Project Manager: Required Skills
You must have successfully completed the responsibilities defined above on previous projects and have the following:
- Detailed knowledge of Agile methodologies including Scrum, with at least 2 years of project experience of applying this knowledge
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience of mentoring team members that have no previous agile experience
- Knowledge of how to introduce Agile methodologies into new environments
- Ability to enforce Scrum and other Agile principles and to explain the benefits to team members
- Technical understanding and ability to provide some level of support/understanding to the consulting team
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior level stakeholders
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in an adaptable and flexible environment
- An enthusiastic team player
- Previous experience of working within the insurance industry is preferred
Business Agility is a lively organisation that has built an enviable reputation for high quality work. We are passionate about the rewarding working environment we provide for our employees. If you would like the opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled team on a wide variety of leading-edge enterprise projects for Blue Chip companies, then this is the job for you.
Ordinarily you would be working on client site as a member of a delivery team and should be comfortable with living away from home, Monday to Thursday, for engagements which are not commutable. When not assigned to a client site, you will normally be based from home.
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday, life assurance, pension, private healthcare for you and dependents, laptop, mobile/iPhone, technical and consultancy training.< BACK TO JOBS