Associate Agile Project Manager
Reporting to the Senior Agile Project Manager (Senior APM), the Associate Agile Project Manager (Associate APM) will take responsibility for supporting the Senior APM in software delivery, solution assurance, support or maintenance projects, establishing, monitoring and reporting performance against progress check points and/or commitment to contractual service levels.
The Associate APM develops and implements best practices to enable the successful delivery of our projects to stakeholders and clients. Operationally, the Associate APM provides and enables project prioritisation, project planning, management information, resource planning and supports decision making.
- Ensuring that assigned resources (people, equipment, services, budgets, time) are effectively utilised and accounted for and that up-to-date usage of information is maintained.
- Assisting the team or project group with project planning within an Agile framework, using appropriate planning tools and producing plans to standards required.
- Leading the project reporting requirements, to include management information, resource scheduling, as well as programme deliverables such as programme assessments, programme health reports, conformance, artefact coverage, etc.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of workshops and related resources, including impact to programme performance and escalation where required.
- Assisting with the on boarding of additional team members, supporting the project induction process and ensuring smooth integration with existing team and processes.
- Monitoring and producing reports on progress against plan according to agreed standards, acting within authority to maintain progress whilst highlighting areas requiring decision making in respect of budget, schedules, resources, working methods, staff matters and or technical difficulties.
- Demonstrating effective team building skills and team motivation, reinforcing the ‘One Team’ mindset.
- Communicating effectively, both formally and informally, orally and in writing, on technical and non-technical issues with colleagues, users, or clients at all levels of seniority.
The Associate APM must have successfully completed the responsibilities defined above on previous projects and have the following:
- Detailed knowledge of the Agile project management methodology, ideally including Scrum, with project experience of applying this knowledge.
- Experience in working within multi-skilled teams including Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Developers, Designers and Architects
- Experience of providing PMO support for IT & Business Change projects.
- Ability to embed best practice (including Scrum and other Agile principles) and to explain the benefits to team members.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and provide some level of support to the consulting team.
- Excellent communication skills to include presentation skills, presenting to senior level stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in an adaptable and flexible environment.
- Personable, pro-active, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional client-focus in all activities.
- High levels of integrity, respect, positive attitude and motivated by achievement.
- Previous experience of working within the insurance industry is preferable.
- Project management certification/credentials (ideally Agile PM) are preferable, but not essential.
Business Agility is a lively organisation that has built an enviable reputation for high quality work. We are passionate about the rewarding working environment we provide for our employees. If you would like the opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled team on a wide variety of leading-edge enterprise projects for Blue Chip companies, then this is the job for you.
Ordinarily you would be working on client site as a member of a delivery team and should be comfortable with living away from home, Monday to Thursday, for engagements which are not commutable. When not assigned to a client site, you will normally be based from home.< BACK TO JOBS