Careers | Georgina | 12 September 2022
These roles provide exciting opportunities as client facing consultants who would like the opportunity to join a dynamic delivery team.
You will have sound Business Analysis skills, gained working within the insurance industry, an understanding of Policy Administration and Claims Management systems, the policy lifecycle and the claims lifecycle for Personal and Commercial lines of business. In addition to this, prior people management experience is desirable.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- With minimal supervision, work with colleagues and end users to seek more effective business solutions and arrange their implementation through improvements in organisational arrangements, processes, systems, procedures and equipment.
- Assist in the review of any underlying problems affecting the efficient production of services and contribute to identification of available options for consideration, together with a recommended course of action.
- Define the business requirements to allow the development team to configure and customise applications to meet business goals.
- Assist end users or testers with the construction and execution of acceptance tests for the system on behalf of users in a thorough and reliable manner.
- Use the required standards, methods and tools in carrying out these tasks. Document all work to the standard and quality required.
- Arrange, prepare and conduct user meetings and workshops.
- Mentor and train both client employees and colleagues.
- Make suggestions for improving Company Policies and Procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience fulfilling the accountabilities of the position across several, successful projects within the UK Insurance industry
- Direct hands-on experience of Business Analysis activities including but not limited to requirements gathering from various sources and information analysis
- Commercial acumen and awareness
- Delivering high quality written and presentational material
- Identifying/analysing problems and suggesting/facilitating problem resolution
- Completing BPR activities
- Defining use cases/user stories and object modelling
- Productivity tools, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Delivering presentations and running business workshops to all levels of the business
- Liaising with senior business representatives
- Working in an adaptable and flexible environment, managing change
In addition, the insurance business analysis role requires experience of:
- Agile project delivery methodology
- Team management and mentoring
- An understanding of Object Oriented concepts
You will need an excellent command of the English language and be able to communicate clearly with your colleagues and with the client. You may also be required to participate in client presentations and contribute to pre-sales and additional project delivery material. Ordinarily you would be working on client site as a member of a delivery team and should be comfortable with living away from home, Monday to Friday, for engagements which are not commutable. When not assigned to a client site, you will normally be based from home.