With a focus on safety and sustainability, the nuclear sector requires powerful systems and processes to be in place. These systems of control safeguard operations and foster innovation for improving processes.
Managing critical assets, maintaining security and conforming to strict regulation are just some of the challenges the industry contends with. It is crucial the right systems and technology is implemented and leveraged.
Common issues include:
- Location: Sites tend to be in the remote. There could be the nuclear site itself, and perhaps several offices elsewhere. This means communication between sites must be cohesive and easy
- Procedures: An obvious health and safety priority surrounds the nuclear industry. Not only for its staff on site, but for members of the public too
- Recording of information: From waste levels to daily safety readings, the nuclear industry is a big one for needing to record large amounts of data – and be able to easily locate it when needed
- Approval and sign off: There may be processes that require several workers to approve beforehand. A streamlined workflow for approving various tasks can be difficult to establish.
Our experience in Nuclear
We have a great deal of experience in the nuclear industry. One of our solutions for the headaches within the nuclear industry surrounds document transmittal.
Specialising in the Microsoft 365 stack, and on premises SharePoint environments, we are more than capable of delivering robust document solutions swiftly. Data and content control is vital within this industry – and our document transmittal solution delivers.
How we currently help our nuclear clients
In addition to existing SharePoint-based systems improving, automating and accelerating the former process, our clients also benefit from:
- reduced investment needed for development
- lower support costs
- access to a pool of SharePoint expertise
Our work assisting clients facing significant challenges to transform their organisations and the services that they deliver, achieving a step change in both operational, safety and financial performance. Our experience of working with various regulated sites enables us to understand the factors governing the industry.
The value and power of both on premises and Microsoft cloud solutions (SharePoint, Microsoft 365) can enable you to ‘right-size’ and modernise your IT infrastructure. Empowering you to dynamically respond and adapt. Contact us today to discuss how we can help you maximise your investment in the Microsoft stack.